The Leading Greek to English Translation Service
Greek Language Translation For Every Ancient or Current Dialect
There are Greek communities and families who have moved countries like the U.S., Canada, Australia and the UK to start businesses and begin new lives. These communities and businesses often need Greek to English translation for restaurant menus, legal forms, business transactions, and much more. In addition to the many Greek communities and businesses that need translation for their businesses and personal documents, there are many old dialects of the Greek language. Old and even ancient dialects require Greek to English translation in several industries. For example, many ancient Grecian historical texts are written in several dialects that contain obsolete letters – only translators with specific experience and skills can provide a truly accurate Greek to English translation. To ensure the best Greek language translation for any important business, technical, academic or legal document, you need professional human translators such as Tomedes provides. In order to get an immediate free quote for any Greek document translation, simply send your text or file using the menu on the left. You'll receive a detailed estimate in just seconds, which will also reveal that our translation service rates are far lower than other services .
Ancient and Modern Dialects of the Greek Language
While Greek to English translation service is a commonly requested one, there are translation factors and details to be aware of, especially regarding old dialects.
- Because Greek is one of the oldest living languages in the world, there are also many old documents that need Greek to English translation. However, be sure to choose the right translator based upon what time period your document is from. Former dialects of Greek include:
- Classical or Ancient Greek, spoken from 800-300 B.C., which includes 6 dialects under it: Aeolic, Doric, Attic-Ionic, Macedonian, Homeric, and Arcadocypriat.
- Hellenistic Greek, a.k.a Alexandrian, Koine, or New Testament Greek, was spoken from 300 B.C. to somewhere around medieval ages. The New Testament of the Bible was written in this dialect. While modern day Greeks can understand this ancient form relatively easily, it is highly advisable to use skilled Biblical text translators for this kind of Greek to English translation.
- The Byzantine or Medieval Greek dialect was used in Greece during the Byzantine Empire up to the 15th century, spoken from 330 (A.D.) to 1453
- Obsolete letters within older Greek documents may or may not be understood by native Greek speakers, but only trained, educated professionals should perform Greek document translation for such texts. Using just any Greek to English translator would be like expecting them to translate a Shakespearean play in old English, without having any related education.
Academic, Business and Technical Greek Translation Service
The Greek language has an ancient history, with many evolved dialects and historical manuscripts and texts of all kinds. Our translators are each skilled with industry specific translation skills, whether it is an ancient anthropological text, a legal document, or a computer hardware installation manual. We provide non-technical and technical Greek translation service for clients worldwide. We guarantee error-free, accurate Greek document translation, and always at the lowest cost possible to you.