Professional Chewa Translation Service
Chichewa, also known simply as Chewa is a language belonging to the Bantu languages group. It is spoken popularly across south-central Africa. It has also served as the national language of the Republic of Malawi.
Overall, Chewa is spoken by more than 6 million people. Tomedes provides high quality Chewa language translation services through many professional translators who are qualified and substantially experienced in translating to and from Chewa across a wide number of languages.
- The prefix Chi translates to “the language of”, hence the term Chichewa means the language of the Chewa people.
- Apart from Malawi, Chewa is also spoken in Tete and Niassa provinces of Mozambique, Eastern Province of Zambia, and also in Zimbabwe where it is reported to be the third most popularly spoken language.
- The Malawi government has played a very active role in promoting Chichewa through research activities, media and educational programs, due to which over 65% of the 9 million population has a working knowledge of the language.
- Chewa is known as Chinyanja in Mozambique where it is the native language of approximately 3% of the population. In Tete and Niassa, the same figures stand at 41.7% and 7.2% respectively.
- Zambia has a population of over 9 million, 16% out of which are native speakers of Chewa language.
If you are looking for a language translation service that can provide high quality Chewa translation services for competitive rates, Tomedes is your answer. We work with qualified professional language translation experts with solid experience in Chewa translation across many langu age pairs and domains.Since we are based online, we have access to the best translators working across the globe.
We manage all translation jobs through a highly automated translation process which includes smart bidding and ensures selection of the best translator at the most competitive price for each job. If you would like to know the translation cost of your project please use the top menu and get yourself a free instant translation quote. We are always there to serve, so if you would like to discuss your translation project, please contact us here.