The Transition in Transition conference is a series of events where attendees can discuss the latest research and industry best practices in the translation and interpreting field. Attendees will be inundated on how the latest language translation software can augment their overall work productivity and deliver better outputs to their clients.
The upcoming Translation in Transition conference will be the 5th of its kind to date. It has been held mostly in Europe in the cities of Copehagen, Germersheim, Ghent, and Barcelona. But the fifth conference will be held outside of Europe for the first time at Kent State University, Ohio, USA.
The event will give a particular focus on human and machine intelligence. True to the theme “Translation in Transition”, the event will probe the evolution of translation software, its inevitable place in the translation industry, and how language professionals can maximize it to augment their job performance, job satisfaction, and overall outputs whilst still preserving the human aspect in translation.
Here are the official list of topics to be discussed in the conference; |
- Translation process research
- Cognition and translation
- Reading processes (especially in translation)
- Writing, revision and post-editing processes
- User and usage studies of machine translation, speech recognition and translation
- Aspects of translation quality in human and machine translation|
- Computational modelling of human translation
- Translation expertise, in people and in systems
- Corpus studies in translation
The event will be held at the Kent State University’s Department of Modern and Classical Language Studies located in Ohio, USA.
800 E Summit St.
Kent, OH 44240
For more information about the event, registration process, and event fees, click here;
Why choose us
24/7 Human Support
1 Year Guarantee
95,000 Business Customers