As the title suggests, the NeTTT conference will discuss the latest developments in translation and translation technology, including theoretical insights and practical solutions. The entire event was made possible by the joint efforts of its organizing committee with members coming from the following institutions; Dimestra Academy for Translators, the Association of Computational Linguistics (Bulgaria), Ionian University (Greece), Dublin City University (Ireland), and the University of Wolverhampton (UK).
Taking place at Greece's beautiful Rhodes Island, the two-day conference will bring together a diverse audience from both the academic sector and language industry. Their website outlines various backgrounds of attendees that will benefit greatly from taking part in the event;
1. Academics in linguistics, translation studies, machine translation and natural language processing.
2. Developers, practitioners, language service providers and vendors with experiences or interests in working with translation technologies.
The conference will be composed of presentations, product demonstrations from sponsors, panel discussions, and workshops. Take note that a two-day summer school on neural machine translation will take place before the conference on the 26th and 27th of September.
As for the actual list of topics to be covered, the organizers are now calling for papers related to the topics outlined below;
- Machine Translation
- CAT tools
- Quality assessment and quality control
- Speech Technology
- Terminology management
- Social media
- Translation Workflow and Management
- Technology adoption by translators and industry
- Training (to include university programmes on translation and interpreting and training in the dynamically changing industry)
- New and emerging language and mobile technologies, tools and resources
- Ethical issues in translation and technology
All in all, this vast list means that attendees at whatever point of their career will learn a great deal about translation technologies and the language industry. Also, the diverse audience expected to attend presents great networking opportunities for attendees to enrich their contacts and establish amiable friendships and partnerships.
The conference will be held at Sheraton Rhodes Resort features breathtaking views of the surrounding island’s pristine blue waters.
Rodos 851 00
For more information about the event, registration process, and event fees, click here;
Why choose us
24/7 Human Support
1 Year Guarantee
95,000 Business Customers
© Copyright 2007-2023 TOMEDES. All Rights Reserved.