Leader in English to Korean Translation Services
Professional Korean Translation
As for any English to Asian language service, professional Korean translation requires specialized service providers, often with various dialect and localization abilities. If you need English to Korean translation for business documents, a web site, product instructions or user guides, advertisements, or any personal reason large or small, Tomedes can provide you with exactly such technical Korean translation as well as other documents needing professional translators. For a detailed estimate within seconds, use the top menu to obtain a free quote.
Distinctive, Informed Korean Language Translation
There are some details which any English to Korean translation service and their translators should be vigilant about.
- Korean is an agglutinative language, and it's basic sentence structure is subject-object-verb, rather than subject-verb-object like English. Translators must thoroughly understand Korean word order for proper and professional Korean translation.
- Korean language does not conjugate verbs according to the subject like English does, but rather according to the verb tense and according to those holding the conversation. There is one kind of conjugation used for children to parents, another for friends, another for officials and persons of authority, etc.
- Korean dialects range from the standardized dialects of Seoul in North Korea and P'yongan in South Korea, and regional dialects of Gangwon in South Korea, Kangwon in North Korea, and the Jeju dialect of Jeju Island in South Korea, which is a dialect that is not mutually intelligible by most other Korean dialects.
- Korean language translations may be written either using a mixture of Hanja and Hangul, which are Chinese ideograms (Hanja) and the Korean alphabet, (Hangul) or by simply using Hangul alone. This can be compared on a much simpler level to the way Indo-European languages use either Arabic symbols or actual written words to represent numbers. This is directly relevant to the way a Korean language translation is done, and translators must be completely informed and knowledgeable about which method is appropriate for each document.
- However, the North Korean regime has attempted to eliminate all foreign loanwords, as well as older words of Chinese origin. It has become policy in North Korea to systematically remove all Hanja from publications, and purely Korean language and vocabulary is encouraged.
Superior Korean Translation Service
Tomedes offers experienced native Korean translators for all English to Korean translation. Our translators each specialize in specific industries for translating related documents. Whether you need historical documents, military documents, business content, websites, technical materials, or anything else, we have two translators ready to give you a quick turnaround and error free technical Korean translation. Our two-translator system uses one to translate and another to proofread, so you are guaranteed nothing except the absolute highest quality Korean translation service, and all for the lowest cost possible. To get started, obtain a free quote using the top menu, by choosing your language and uploading the text to be translated. We are happy to translate the smallest bit of text or the largest of projects with expedited and personalized service, customized to your needs.